A community of health professionals cognizant of the vision and mission of the College of Medicine and the Philippine General Hospital of the University of Philippines committed to the :
- Pursuit of knowledge and excellence in the neurosciences
- Development of competent human resources in the field of the neurosciences
- Delivery of quality neurological services in an environment of collegiality and scholarship towards the fulfilment of the neurological well-being of the Filipino people
- To deliver quality care for adult and pediatric patients with neurologic and neurosurgical disorders all over the country.
- To ensure availability and accessibility of comprehensive neurologic diagnostic services with well-trained personnel.
- To train competent adult and pediatric neurologists and neurosurgeons who will respond to the neurological needs and health care of our people all over the country.
- To help in the development of potential leaders and teachers in the Neurosciences.
- To train investigators who will undertake basic and clinical researches for advancement in the Neurosciences.
- To produce quality researches
Residency Training Objectives
- To provide an adequate, holistic residency training in Neurology
- To provide correlative training in the fields of Internal Medicine, Neuroanatomy, Neuropathology, Neurophysiology, Neuropharmacology, Neurotoxicology, Pediatric Neurology, Neurosurgery and Psychiatry
- To encourage the residents to continuously learn and develop skills in the Neurosciences through lectures, seminars, conferences, demonstrations and preceptorials
- To promote researches in both basic and clinical Neurosciences
- To encourage participation in the Neuroscience Undergraduate Program and in the various continuing medical education programs in the country
- To encourage active participation or membership in professional medical groups